There are many reasons why we use soy wax. Here are a few:
- We only use American grown soy for our candles. - Soy wax is derived from soybeans. Soy wax is natural, non-toxic and contains nothing artificial. It is a much better alternative to paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum. - It produces a cleaner burn. Being a vegetable-based wax, soy wax does not give off any harmful by-products. (Unlike paraffin wax that gives off black soot when burned). - It has a lower melting point making for a longer burn time. (This means your candle lasts longer). - It is environmentally friendly (100% biodegradable and a renewable resource).
Our wood wicks are made of eco-friendly wood and our cotton wicks are made of 100% cotton. These wicks were designed to ensure a consistent burn.
- It depends on how long you burn the candle each time. You can expect your candle to burn for 40+ hours (Remember to trim your wick and make sure you allow the wax to melt over the entire top, but do not exceed 4 hours. This allows your candle to last longer and burn evenly). - We use premium quality, phthalate-free fragrance oils. Burning your candle in a smaller space like a bedroom or office will result in a stronger scent. When burning your candle in a larger space (400-500 square feet) like a kitchen, living room, etc. the scent will fill the room nicely.
Since we use 100% soy wax, you may notice some spotting (pockets between the wax and the glass) or frosting (white frost like spots). These are completely normal characteristics of soy wax and doesn't affect the scent or performance of your candle! These are actually signs that your candle is natural. Since our candles are handmade and poured, the color of your candle may vary slightly (this is to be expected). Spotting and frosting may occur when exposed to a temperature change when in transit. This will not affect the scent or performance of your candle!
- Note: After the first burn you may notice an uneven, rough or bumpy top. This is normal.
Yes! Our jars can be reused in a variety of different ways. Here is how we recommend you recycle your jar:
- Put your jar in the oven and set the temperature to 170 degrees. - Leave the jar in the oven for about 10-15 minutes to allow the leftover wax to melt. Be careful when taking the jar out of the oven as it will be very warm. - Once all the leftover wax is melted, pour the wax into the TRASH! - DO NOT POUR DOWN THE DRAIN! - Wipe out the jar with a paper towel to remove whatever melted wax remains. - The glass is now pretty clean and you are ready to wash your jar with warm soapy water. - At this point jar is now clean. You can decide whether or not you want to keep the label on the jar. - Now you have a clean glass jar that can be reused for just about anything!
Orders usually ship within 1-3 business days. Please allow for extra time during holiday seasons.
Yes! Your tracking will be emailed to you as your order ships.
Yes, we do ship to PO boxes.
When you receive notification that your package has been delivered, but you don't have it, your package may have been marked as "delivered" by mistake. Your package may arrive three to five business days after the package was marked delivered. If you do not receive your package five business days after being marked delivered, please email us at email@example.com and we'll get the issue resolved!
For international orders, shipping is calculated at checkout. Please note any extra duties or fees that incur are the responsibility of the receiver.
- Spring, Summer, and early Fall can be hot! Shipping during hot temperatures may cause candles to soften. Let the candle cool and harden again before using. - If you ordered a candle as a gift and are shipping it directly to the recipient, let them know a package is on the way so the candle does not sit too long in the hot mailbox or on the sunny porch.
Rebel Candles is a soy candle company in Connecticut that started to bring clean burning soy candles to the local market. This candle making hobby quickly grew into a passion. We are committed to creating quality, clean burning candles that transform any space into a calm and peaceful atmosphere. We can't wait to make your home or living space smell amazing.
Every candle is handmade with 100% natural soy wax and hand poured in small batches to ensure quality. We use phthalate-free fragrance oils and eco-friendly wood wicks. Each scent has been tried and tested to ensure that the product you receive is of the highest quality. As an added bonus, every candle comes in a gift box made of 100% recycled cardboard.
Our simple, minimalist label design is a stylish addition to any part of your home or living space making it the perfect gift for friends, family and coworkers for any season or special occasion. Grab one for you and one for a friend!